The microscopic structure of wool has evolved over millennia – no synthetic fiber can come close to replicating all of its qualities. Having been used by people for thousands of years – you may well say it was the very first renewable resource.
The Unique, Incredible and Superb Qualities of Wool.
• 100% natural
• Renewable resource – once sheared, sheep regrow their wool
• Absorbs moisture up to one-third of its own weight, yet repels liquids
• Releases moisture evenly
• Regulates temperature – both heat and cold
• Resists dirt and stains
• Resists mold and mildew
• Flame-resistant – it smolders rather than bursting into flames or melting
• Durable and long-lasting (lifetimes)
• Completely biodegradable
• Wool fibers are crimped, which provides natural buoyancy, elasticity, resiliency
and loft to make naturally comforting products