What makes wool the best material?
- 100% natural - no dyes
- Absorbs up to 30% of its own weight in moisture
- Naturally resists mold and mildew*
- 100% wool and linen
- Measures 16" x 20" x 3/8”
- Our Linen Sleeves are made for us in India, the region of the world where flax is grown and linen fabric is made.
Bring the simplicity of nature’s beauty into your home with the world’s most ancient fibers - wool & linen. Used for thousands of years, these “super” fibers naturally resist mold and mildew, are highly absorbent, and eliminate the need for using synthetics and plastics around your sink area. This is the best eco-friendly dish drying mat you will ever own.
Care: The Dish Drying Mat needs to fully dry between uses, which will naturally occur when kept on counter. If your wool dish drying mat is heavily used to the point of saturation, hang the mat between uses to increase air flow. If needed, your mat may be spot cleaned with a mild soap in tepid water. Dry flat. Do not machine wash. Linen sleeve may be machine washed and we recommend air-drying to maximize it's lifetime.
* Note: Wool is naturally mold and mildew resistant. This is because of its unique molecular structure allowing air to pass through its fibers. However, if it remains saturated for any length of time, wool, just like any material, may get moldy. The Dish Drying Mat is designed to sit on your counter without the need to remove it between uses. If, however, you are in a large family/household, or live in a damp climate, and find that the Dish Drying Mat is regularly saturated, we recommend lifting your Dish Drying Mat off the counter after you use it, and giving it time to dry out between uses.